Insurance Plans for Claiming Your Supplies for Free

ActivKare Medical and Incontinence Supplies

Canadian medical suipplier, Incontinence, Ontario Medical Supplies, Urology, Urinary Incontinence, Urogynecology, OMS, Health Canada, FDA, Medicare, Medicaid,

CRA Medical Expense Tax Credits and Incontinence Supplies Funding

Paying for incontinence supplies can be expensive. Fortunately, there are a few potential opportunities to offset some of these costs. For example, did you know the Canada Revenue Agency allows tax credits for some incontinence supplies and that charities like Easter Seals or government sources may be able to help. Check out the details below to see some of the different incontinence supplies tax credit and funding options that may be available to you in Ontario, Canada. Please note the details provided about the programs are as indicated on the various sites as of October 24, 2018 and are provided as a courtesy for general information only.

ODSP Ontario Disability Support Program

If you are receiving Ontario Disability Support Program Income Support, you and your family may be able to get help with the cost of:

  • Diabetic supplies, such as syringes, needles, lancets and wipes.
  • Surgical supplies, surgical dressings and incontinence supplies.

This means that you may be eligible to have your incontinence products that are available from ActivKare paid for by the Ministry of Community and Social Services if you are currently a recipient of the Ontario Disability Support Program. Your doctor or nurse needs to have determined that you require supplies to manage your incontinence. Assistance with these costs is provided under the Ontario Disability Support Program's Mandatory Special Necessities benefit. ActivKare is a licensed vendor of ODSP.

Canada Revenue Agency

As detailed on the CRA website, lines 330 and 331 - Eligible medical expenses you can claim on your tax return, the cost of diapers, disposable briefs, catheters, catheter trays, tubing or other products needed for incontinence caused by illness, injury or affliction are qualified medical expenses. Here is a link to the CRA website page outlining eligible medical expenses.

Easter Seals Society

The Easter Seal Society administers the Incontinence Supplies Grant Program for children and youth with chronic disabilities (physical or developmental) that result in irreversible incontinence or retention problems lasting longer than six months requiring the use of incontinence supplies.

The program is for children and youth between the ages of 3 to 18 years with a chronic disability resulting in irreversible incontinence lasting longer than six months. Some children under the age of 3 may be eligible for funding depending on their diagnosis (for example, Spina Bifida, Prune Belly Syndrome, child with a vesicostomy).

Further details about the program and an application form can be found on the Easter Seal Society website Incontinence Supplies Grant Program page linked here.

Veterans Affairs Canada

Veterans Affairs Canada provides funding for eligible clients for various medical supplies used in a non-hospital setting, including bladder / bowel supplies. More information regarding Veterans Affairs Canada Programs of Choice can be found through this link.

For more info, contact 1 (855) 811-3733 or by email:

Or simply select your product, contact your case worker, and leave the rest to us!

ActivKare Medical and Incontinence Supplies (USA)

USA, Canada, Medical Devices, Urinary Incontinence, ODSP, Ontario Disability Supportive Program, Medicare, Medicaid, Allstate, Anthe, Humana, UnitedHealth Group,Signa, CVS, Bladder LEaks, Wheelchair

Please refer to link here for Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance purposes.

For more info, contact 1 (855) 811-3733 or by email: